Bar News Article on Kevin Ross Murray, NSW Barrister Read article here
Sir William Cullen, Chief Justice of New South Wales from 1910 to 1925. A talk was given about his life at Mosman Library in 2013. Click here to hear the talk.
There are a number of Resources available concerning the life of Sir Francis Forbes:
C.H. Currey, “Forbes, Sir Francis (1784-1841)”, Australian Dictionary of Biography, National Centre of Biography, Australian National University, first published in 1966. Curry’s Sir Francis Forbes; the first Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of New South Wales (1968) is a fine study of the colonial chief justice.
One Nineteenth Century account is: David Forbes, Memoir of Sir Francis Forbes, Chief Justice of New South Wales, Sydney: Henry Solomon, 1875.
CONGRATULATIONS – Queens Birthday Honours for 2021
Congratulations to the following members of the Legal and associated Professions who received Queen’s Birthday Honours in the Order of Australia:
Officer (AO) in the General Division of the Order of Australia
- The Honourable Patricia Anne BERGIN SC for distinguished service to the law, and to the judiciary, to legal administration, and as a mentor and advisor.
- Professor Anne Frances TWOMEY
For distinguished service to the law, to legal education,
and to public education on constitutional matters.
Member (AM) in the General Division of the Order of Australia
- Ms Katherine Louise EASTMAN for significant service to the law, to human rights, and to professional organisations.
Medal (OAM) in the General Division of the Order of Australia
- Mr Peter Clement SEMMLER QC for service to the law.
- Ms Mary Catherine WALKER for service to the law.
Medal in the Military Division (OAM)
- Colonel James Graham WADDELL For meritorious performance of duty as Director of
Operations and Security Law and as Director of Army Legal Services for the Australian Defence Force. Colonel Waddell has been a great supporter of the Society.